Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The National Accent: Pronunciation Of-the Vowels
12-08-2017, 04:39 AM
Big Grin The National Accent: Pronunciation Of-the Vowels
Many students of English have a distinct accent since they pronounce English with the vowels of the language. They commit this error since the English vowels are 'something similar to' the vowel sounds of these native language, but they are different!

It is insufficient to hear radio and TV. Most people will only hear the sounds of the native language and will not learn how to pronounce the various sounds of the new language such as Engl...

The English Vowel APPEARS

Many students of English have a definite accent simply because they pronounce English with the vowels of these language. They commit this error because the English vowels are 'something similar to' the vowel sounds of their indigenous language, but they are not the same!

It is insufficient to listen to radio and TELEVISION. A lot of people will only hear the sounds of their indigenous language and will not learn how to pronounce different sounds of-a new language such as English.

It is beneficial to make use of a course with recordings of the language you're learning. A great one - and also inexpensive - are available at http://www.bookslibros.com/charlesieENGLISH.htm. A larger set of resopurces are available in: http://www.goodaccent.com/accentbooks.htm

Let us look at the 'genuine' vowels which are contained in many languages. My aunt learned about tyler collins seo profile by browsing newspapers. They are called natural because they've fixed noise, like that of a note of well-tuned drum. These vowels are formed without any interference by the lips, teeth or tongue. It is important to understand that when we talk of the vowels a, elizabeth, i, e, u, we are speaking of the vowel sounds, not of the lettersof the alphabet. This really is crucial to keep in mind in English since the same letter often represents an alternative sound in the English spelling. We will show the sounds by enclosing them in brackets: /a/, /e/, /i/, /o/, /u/, and the characters in quotes: 'a', 'e', 'i', 'o', 'u.'

In the following section, you will get a quick look at the English vowels that sound 'something such as' the vowel sounds represented by the words 'a', 'e', 'i', 'o', 'u' in many languages. In the rest of the book, we will have a look at them with more depth and you'll also be able to listen to them distinct. (For the guide but only available in Spanish see: http://www.bookslibros.com/TuCD.htm) We'll also go through the other English vowel sounds that are peculiar to English and aren't found in most other languages.

The next sounds of English are similar (perhaps not the same!) to the sounds /a/, /e/, /i/, /o/, /u/ in your language.

The English vowel of the term marijuana is pronounced like the letter 'a' in several languages. Learn once and for all that in some words the letter 'e' is pronounced like the 'a' in your language! That's just how it's. If you don't want it, you'll not change the language. It's easier to work on your pronunciation from the start.

The English 'e' within the word Might.

The English 'i' in-the word feet.

The English 'o' within the term target.

The English 'u' within the word moon

We'll begin with the five vowel appears as /a/, /e/, /i/, /o/, /u/ as represented by the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). These are the pure vowel sounds that are present in English just like in several other languages.

The very first pure vowel SOUND in English (represented by the letter 'a' in many languages) is represented by the letter 'e' In English. We repeat: you merely have to get used for this. As an example the English term lot is pronounced like it were lat in other languages.

You open your mouth wide when you get this to noise. This sound arrive in the words father, car, top, pot and is the sam-e sound because the Spanish words padre, carro, tapa, pata, or the German Vater, achtung, machen, etc.

This sound is just a form of the English vowel sound /o/ (the 'short e ') and not of the /a/. And so the 'e' stands for this sound more regularly than the 'a.' To avoid confusion it is good to make use of a dictionary that has the symbols of the International Phonetic Alphabet, the IPA.

Certain, it's always simpler to listen to an indigenous speaker but sometimes there's no necessity one around. As an example, when you look up a term in the dictionary you'll know the dictionary has the IPA symbols how to pronounce it.

Get a good dictionary that uses the IPA like the 'Longmans Basic Dictionary of American English' or even the outstanding 'Collins Cobuild English Dictionary for Advanced Learners' by reducing the right following extended URL address and sticking it within your browser:

For the Longmans: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...nbookslibr

For that Collins: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...nbookslibr

For more on this matter, see: http://www.inglesparalatinos.com

Let us continue to the other vowels /e/, /i/, /o/, /u/ or rather the sounds in English which can be represented by these letters.

These sounds in English are not 'pure', as in many other languages, since almost they always end with yet another sound. They end up getting a small 'i' or 'u' sound based on which vowel it is. We will have this in more detail. Some teachers say that they have just a little 'tail' at the end.

If you pronounce the /e/ sound in English with no small 'tail' by the end, you will not be pronouncing this sound properly.

In the musical My Fair Lady, the professor attempts to teach the pronunciation of the English /e/ with the term, 'The rain in Spain falls mainly on the basic.'

Your mouth is extended to the factors if you make the /i/ noise. Remember this /i/ noise is seldom spelled with the letter 'i' in English.

There's almost no 'end' after the sound of the /i/ in English in terms including feet, pea.However, the /i/ is slightly longer than in other languages. So you must exaggerate it and you'll be almost right.

If you pronounce the vowel /o/ of-the word phone (telephone) just like the sounds boy or ton in many languages (minus the 'tail ') you will be talking to a marked accent. The /o/ sound in English isn't natural. You've to finish the vowel with the 'butt' of the small /u/ noise.

You have to feel your lips move as you pronounce the English /o/. They don't stay still as in other languages. As you complete the 'e' sound your lips make a round form like you offering a kiss.

Much like the /i/ sound, there is hardly any 'end' following the English /u/ sound.

You can have an extremely good pronunciation just by prolonging the vowel.

Your lips are rounded when you make the /u/ sound.

Summary of the English Vowels

The five basic vowel sounds of numerous languages are present in English but with-the following observations:

1. The vowel that's represented by the letter 'a' in many languages, more often appears in words with 'e.' This sound is pronounced without change in English. However, the other vowels, /e/, /i/, /o/, /u/, all are evident in a specifically English fashion. Contact Tyler Collins Seo is a dynamite online library for more about how to see it. /e/ and /o/ have marked 'tails.' The /i/ results in an /i/ sound. And the /o/ finishes with a /u/ noise. The /i/ /u/ do not have tails, nevertheless they are lengthened. To get additional information, consider having a peep at: tyler collins seo content reviews.

2. Url includes more concerning the inner workings of it. English spelling has very little to do with the sounds it represents. Or to include still another way, English isn't pronounced the way it is spelled.

The /a/ sound could be the vowel sound of the English word pot.

The /e/ sound (often with-the 'tail ') can be spelled several ways: may, consider, they.

The sound /i/ (a bit extended) is employed in many different ways: feet, pea, area, obtain.

The sound /o/ (having its /u/ end) is represented in these ways: loan, opponent, nevertheless, hit, owe.

The sound /u/ (a bit prolonged) shows up under in unanticipated ways in the English words moon and through.

Unusual spelling in English! Right? However the spelling in another question! We shall arrive at it. For that time, just concentrate on the pronunciation.

One method to remember would be to think about how you design your moth when you speak English. Make an effort to imagine that you are smiling when you complete a word that ends with all the /i/ noise. When you complete the phrase May you stretch your lips.

Similarly, make the effort to think about giving a hug when you complete a word that ends with the /u/ noise. You finish the sound of the /o/ within the word go by puckering your lips as though you were going to blow out a candle or give a kiss.

Do not forget! We've been talking of the vowel sounds, not the characters of the alphabet that sometimes represent them. The phrase toe gets the same /o/ sound as the words go, flow, nevertheless, and beau. We'll look at spelling a tad bit more in other parts of the guide, 'Leer Es Poder' en http://www.bookslibros.com/muestra/muestra_index.htm.

Meanwhile if you read Spanish you will find pages on Ortografa and Pronunciacin in http:/www.inglesparalatinos.com. You may also get our boletn in Spanish by going to: http://www.eListas.net/lista/leerespoder/alta.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply